(Short Term Contract – March to September)
Worcestershire County Cricket Club is one of the 18 major county clubs which make up the England and Wales Cricket Board.
We play to the highest level of professional cricket with a history stretching back nearly 150 years and are based at the iconic New Road Ground.
We are currently looking to recruit a Grounds person to work as part of a small team with a view to starting 1st March 2016.
A key element of the role will be supporting the Head Groundsman and the other members of the grounds department in preparing playing surfaces, practice areas and outfields of the highest quality at the County Ground.
• Assisting with the preparation and maintenance of the playing surfaces and outfield to ensure that they are of first class standard.
• Assisting with the preparation and maintenance of the practice and net areas to ensure that they are of first class standard.
• Assisting and taking direction from the Head Groundsman in placing and removing covering and surface water from the playing area for all matches.
• Operating and maintaining ground equipment in accordance with standard operating and safety procedures.
• Assisting with the erection of nets and other practice facilities.
• Taking direction from the Head Groundsman and fulfil any reasonable request or duties required by him.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Experience of preparing cricket/sports pitches would be an advantage
• Must be in possession of a full clean EC driving licence.
• Possess a passion for cricket pitches and sports turf maintenance.
• Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude and appearance.
• Understand the seasonality nature of the role and the need for flexibility with regards to working long hours including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
• Ability to work under pressure and to work alone when required.
If you would like to join the ground staff team at Worcestershire County Cricket Club please send your CV along with a covering letter to M Tim Packwood, Head Groundsman, Worcestershire County Cricket Club, New Road, Worcester, WR2 4QQ.
Alternatively you can e-mail your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 22nd January 2016, interviews will be held on Thursday 28th January 2016.