Fixed-Term Contract – April to September 2013
An exciting opportunity has arisen for
an Assistant Physiotherapist in a newly-created post at Worcestershire County Cricket Club.
- To provide all-day Physiotherapy coverage at home fixtures for the 2nd XI team and at away fixtures when deemed suitable.
- To perform Academy squad screening (with supervision and assistance from the Head Physiotherapist) for the Physical Competency Model trial for the ECB.
- To attend occasional Academy training and/or present education sessions as deemed necessary by the Academy coach.
- To assess all injuries for the Academy squad and enter the appropriate documentation in to ECB Profiler recording system as required by the ECB.
- To provide Physiotherapy cover for rehabilitation, in conjunction with the Strength and Conditioning Coach, of any injured or unselected players at the Club facility when the Head Physiotherapist is absent on an away fixture with the 1st XI team. This will also require the completion of obligatory documentation to be entered in to the ECB Profiler system.
- To provide sports massage therapy to players for approximately 6 hours per week when suitable and as required. This is to be discussed and organized with the Head Physiotherapist.
- To provide Physiotherapy coverage at training sessions and if required at the 1st XI fixtures if needed by the Head Physiotherapist.
The successful candidate will be a current member of the Chartered Society
of Physiotherapy and registered with the Health Professions Council. New graduates with a keen enthusiasm to get involved in sports will be considered.
Post – FAO – Ben Davies, Worcestershire CCC, New Road, Worcester, WR2 4QQ.
Closing date – Wednesday 20th February 2013
Interview Date – Wednesday 27th February 2013
Salary – To be discussed at Interview