Worcestershire CCC are holding a Members Forum to discuss the England and Wales Cricket Board's proposals for a new city based T20 competition.

The ECB's Chief Operating Officer Gordon Hollins is to attend the forum which will take place in The View on Wednesday, October 19 between 11.15am and 12.30pm.

He will be outlining the details of the proposed eight team tournament which it is intended to be staged in addition to the existing NatWest T20 Blast.

Worcestershire Chief Executive Tom Scott and Club Chairman Stephen Taylor will also be in attendance.

Numbers will be limited with 35 to 40 key member stakeholders being invited by the club but there will be a further 50 places available on a first come, first serve basis by contacting the club via telephone in advance of the forum.

County chairmen and chief executives of the first class counties, MCC and the PCA agreed at a meeting last month with the ECB to have on-going discussions about the future structure of domestic cricket including the new eight team tournament.

First Class Counties are carrying out wider consultation on the proposal whilst the PCA is addressing its full membership – all with the support of ECB before discussion by the ECB Board.

The agreed approach is built on the game-wide strategy – Cricket Unleashed – and has been developed to broaden cricket’s appeal, provide greater financial stability for all 18 First Class Counties and ensure that each continues to compete in all three formats of the game.

Details will continue to be developed in consultation with the First Class Counties, PCA, MCC and wider stakeholders in the game with the proposal to be formally considered by the ECB Board in October.

Worcestershire CEO Tom Scott said: "Consultation with members is an extremely important part of this process and something I have been looking forward to doing.

"When changes such as these are proposed a clear understanding is of paramount importance to the buy in of each County.

"I anticipate around 85 to 100 members being present at the forum and hope all those attending will feel better informed at its conclusion"

When announcing the proposals last month,  ECB Chairman Colin Graves said: “We’ve all been looking at how we can use domestic T20 for an even bigger purpose, especially getting more young people to play.

“This format was invented here and is successful worldwide. It can excite new fans, attract the best players and fuel the future of the game, on and off the pitch.

“The need to grow interest and participation in the game we love is at the core of our thinking and this is a rigorous process.

“We’ve talked to each county individually about the need for change, a range of potential options and the implications.

“There’s a constructive dialogue with County Chairmen and Chief Executives, the MCC and PCA and now agreement to move forward and further develop this approach.

“The next steps for us all, as a game, will be to extend the discussions and gain valuable input from players, members and other key voices across the game.”