Worcestershire County Cricket Club is one of the 18 major county clubs which make up the England and Wales Cricket Board. We play to the highest level of professional cricket with a history stretching back nearly 150 years and are based at the iconic New Road Ground.
We are currently looking to recruit a full time Grounds-person to work as part of a small team with a view to starting as soon as possible.
A key element of the role will be supporting the Head Groundsman and the other members of the grounds department in preparing playing surfaces, practice areas and outfields of the highest quality at the County Ground.
• Assisting with the preparation and maintenance of the playing surfaces and outfield to ensure that they are of first class standard.
• Assisting with the preparation and maintenance of the practice and net areas to ensure that they are of first class standard.
• Assisting and taking direction from the Head Groundsman in placing and removing covering and surface water from the playing area for all matches
• Operating and maintaining ground equipment in accordance with standard operating and safety procedures.
• Assisting with the erection of nets and other practice facilities.
• Taking direction from the Head Groundsman and fulfil any reasonable request or duties required by him.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Have experience of preparing cricket pitches.
• Be in a possession of a clean EC driving licence.
• Possess an understanding of current Health and Safety guidelines
• Possess a passion for cricket pitches and sports turf maintenance.
• Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude and appearance.
• Understand the seasonality nature of the role and the need for flexibility with regards to working long hours including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
• Ability to work under pressure and to work alone when required.
Beyond qualifications, enthusiasm, commitment and ability to work as a team member are equally important in the demanding environment where excellent results are required.
If you would like to join the ground staff team at Worcestershire County Cricket Club please send your CV along with a covering letter to Tim Packwood, Head Groundsman, Worcestershire County Cricket Club, New Road, Worcester, WR2 4QQ.
Alternatively you can e-mail your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 20th March 2019.
EXPERIENCED BAR & WAITING STAFF
The iconic Worcestershire County Cricket Ground is not only a Cricket Ground but an exciting Events and Conferencing facility. We are currently looking for enthusiastic, hard-working bar staff to join our dedicated Catering team on a casual basis.
Job Specification (Bar)
• Organise general day to day running of the bar
• Maintain a high standard of cleanliness
• Ensure all credit drinks and wastage are recorded to the standard as implemented by the Manager
• Ensure prompt reporting of any malfunctioning equipment
• Be aware of bar stock levels and ensure efficient stock rotation
• An awareness of basic food hygiene
Job Specification (Waiting)
• Assisting the Senior Waiting Person to organise the general day to day running of the restaurant
• To ensure all the tables are dressed to the required standards
• To maintain a high level of service in line with the standard required by Worcestershire County Cricket Club.
• Assisting the Senior Waiting Person to ensure that all required commodities for the function are available well in advance of its commencement
• Liaise with all kitchen, bar and waiting staff to ensure smooth organisation between restaurant and kitchens
Good communication skills needed to liaise with all catering staff and members of the public
A positive, polite and happy outlook plus a willingness to perform well are essential.
If you would like to apply please email email@example.com with your CV and a short covering letter.