Worcestershire have received a massive boost ahead of the 2015 season with spinner Saeed Ajmal's remodelled action approved by the International Cricket Council (ICC).

Ajmal has been banned from international cricket since September but the Pakistan star's new action was given the green light after an ICC biomechanics test in Chennai two weeks ago.

Worcestershire Director of Cricket Steve Rhodes has said constantly stated he hopes to re-sign Ajmal for the 2015 season if his action was deemed legal.

He has held talks with the 37-year-old and his representatives and been supportive of Ajmal throughout his battles to remodel his action.

Ajmal has also stated his desire to return to New Road for a third spell.

He picked up 63 wickets in nine LV = County Championship matches for Worcestershire last season and helped them gain promotion to Division One.

The ICC confirmed that all the deliveries bowled by Ajmal during the official test at the Sri Ramachandra University in Chennai on January 24 were within the permitted 15-degree level of elbow extension.

The ICC, through a media release, said: "Following remedial work and retests, the bowling actions of Pakistan's Saeed Ajmal and Sohag Gazi of Bangladesh had been found to be legal, and the players could now resume bowling in international cricket."

Ajmal tweeted: "I've passed the test. I would like 2 say thank you very much 2 all my Fans, Senior Players, PCB, Friends 4 their support & patience."