JOB VACANCY 2ND XI COACH
An exciting opportunity has arisen to become part of the Worcestershire County Cricket Club Coaching team. We are looking for an outgoing, enthusiastic and committed individual who can support the First Team Coach, and Assistant Coach (Bowling) in creating a highly motivated and technically proficient playing squad, which is capable of competing for trophies at the highest level of County cricket.
WCCC is built on five core values – Community, Teamwork, Humility, Integrity and Commitment. These core values are the foundation for the ‘One Club’ philosophy that drives WCCC forward as an elite cricket organisation, and growing events and hospitality venue in the centre of Worcester city.
Job Title: 2ND XI Coach
Salary: Competitive salary based on experience
Contract Type: Full Time /Permanent
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• To be responsible for the selection and management of the 2nd XI and for the coaching, tactical instruction, development programmes, discipline and standard of play.
• To arrange 2nd XI fixtures, grounds and attend ECB for the 2nd XI as requested by the First Team Coach and to work closely with the Cricket Administrator on travel and hotel arrangements as required.
• To commit to, deliver and help maintain a strong team ethic and to promote the values of “One Club”.
• To maintain high personal standards of appearance and behaviour so as to fulfil the purpose of a role model to the players as well as representing the Club and projecting the right image at all times and to work at all times in a professional manner.
• To create development plans for players throughout the Club, and be available for consultation and advice on their cricketing performance.
• To coach batting/bowling across the whole of the playing staff and to explore and seek ways to apply ‘best practice’ regarding techniques and tactics for the various forms of the game.
• To provide feedback to the First Team Coach on the players and the team, on trialists and potential future players for the club.
• To observe and provide feedback on opposing counties, as directed by the First Team Coach.
• To create a personal professional development programme, which will be necessary for the effective performance of the role, attending courses as required.
• To assist the First Team Coach, the Assistant Coach (Bowling) & the 1st XI Captain with selection of the squads and match-day preparation.
• Previous experience
• Confidence and maturity
• Excellent man management and communication skills
• Strong people skills and the energy and enthusiasm to train and develop your team
• Financial and business acumen
• Passion for delivering the highest quality performance
Based on 40-45 hours per week, you will be expected to work such hours as necessary for the full and proper exercise of your duties including weekends, Bank Holidays and at such other times as the Club may reasonably require. You will normally be expected to be present at all games when the County teams are playing as appropriate.
Candidate should be experienced at senior level, ideally within an elite environment.
ECB accredited coaching level status is not required, but qualifications equivalent to a ECB Level 3 or higher would be preferred.’
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and a Covering Letter to:-
Christine Cameron – HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org