Job Vacancy – Assistant Physiotherapist
An exciting opportunity has arisen to become part of the Worcestershire County Cricket Club Sports Science and Medicine team. We are looking for an outgoing, enthusiastic and committed individual who can help to continue driving forward our science and medicine department. Someone dedicated to optimising physical preparation to ensure players are both available and fit for purpose.
WCCC is built on five core values – Community, Teamwork, Humility, Integrity and Commitment. These core values are the foundation for the ‘One Club’ philosophy that drives WCCC forward as an elite cricket organisation, and growing events and hospitality venue in the centre of Worcester city.
Job Title: Assistant Physiotherapist
Salary Range: Circa £22,000 per annum
Contract Type: Full Time / Permanent
• To provide all-day Physiotherapy coverage at home fixtures for the 2nd XI team and at away fixtures in season (Mar – Sept)
• To perform Academy squad screening (with supervision and assistance from the Head Physiotherapist) for the Physical Competency Model trial for the ECB.
• To work in conjunction with Strength and conditioning coach to ensure all Academy players have an individualised injury prevention programme.
• To attend Academy training and/or present education sessions as deemed necessary by the Academy coach. Specifically through Sept – March.
• To assess all injuries for the Academy / Pathway and Women’s squads and enter the appropriate documentation in to ECB Cricket Squad recording system as required by the ECB.
• To provide Physiotherapy cover for rehabilitation, in conjunction with the Strength and Conditioning Coach, of any injured or unselected players at the Club facility when the Head Physiotherapist is absent on an away fixture with the 1st XI team. This will also require the completion of obligatory documentation to be entered in to the ECB Cricket squad system.
• To provide sports massage therapy to players for approximately 6 hours per week when suitable and as required. This is to be discussed and organized with the Head Physiotherapist.
• In conjunction with One Club Philosophy – assist Head Physiotherapist in providing physiotherapy services to all staff members at the club.
• To provide Physiotherapy coverage at training sessions and if required at the 1st XI fixtures if needed by the Head Physiotherapist.
• To become an integral part in WCCC Sport Science and Medicine team CPD programme and ensure best evidence based practice is used holistically.
• To continue to work with Sports science and Medicine team to ensure Monitoring and Wellbeing is mirrored across Professional and academy squads.
• Flexibility is essential – due to the nature of the Sport – Weekend and evening work may be required.
• Bachelor of Science (BSc) Degree Physiotherapy.
• Current Registration with both HCPC and Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
• Advanced First Aid qualification.
• Previous experience working in an Elite sporting environment.
• UK Driving License
A confident, reliable individual, who strives to go the extra mile whilst working as part of a successful team, and who can deliver the best in customer service.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and a Covering Letter to Christine Cameron – HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org