Job Title: WCCC Cricket Coach
Reporting to: Head Coach
Contract Type: Full Time / 3 Year Contract
To support the Head Coach, and Assistant Coach (Bowling) in creating a highly motivated and technically proficient playing squad which is capable of competing for trophies at the highest level of County cricket.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for the selection and management of the 2nd XI and for the coaching, tactical instruction, development programmes, discipline and standard of play.
- To arrange 2nd XI fixtures, grounds and attend ECB for the 2nd XI as requested by the Head Coach and to work closely with the Cricket Administrator on travel and hotel arrangements as required.
- To maintain high personal standards of appearance and behaviour so as to fulfil the purpose of a role model to the players as well as representing the Club and projecting the right image at all times.
- To coach batting/bowling across the whole of the playing staff and to explore and seek ways to apply ‘best practice’ regarding techniques and tactics for the various forms of the game.
- To provide feedback to the Head Coach on the players and the team, on trialists and potential future players for the club.
- To observe and provide feedback on opposing counties, as directed by the Head Coach.
- To create a personal professional development programme which will be necessary for the effective performance of the role, attending courses as required.
- To assist the Head Coach, the Assistant Coach (Bowling) & the 1st XI Captain with selection of the squads and match-day preparation.
- To undertake and participate in sponsorship, advertising and other similar promotional activities on behalf of, or organised by the Club and co-operate in any promotional activities arranged by Club sponsors
Confidence and maturity
Excellent man management and communication skills
Strong people skills and the energy and enthusiasm to train and develop your team
Passion for delivering the highest quality performance
Due to the nature of the business some weekend and evening work may be required as part of this role.
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV and a Covering Letter to Christine.email@example.com