HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Reporting to: Finance & Corporate Services Manager
Hours of work: 20 hours per week
Remuneration: Full time equivalent £40,000/Competitive
Worcestershire Cricket employs 60 staff and around 200 casual staff, plus professional players, between two employing entities. Staff costs are a significant part of our business making up 65% of our total costs and therefore ensuring we operate on optimum staffing levels whilst driving high performance is a key to the success of our business.
We are now looking for an experienced HR professional to help the organisation drive the next phase of transformation with a particular focus on developing an exciting people strategy. This position will be instrumental in guiding the business on all people related matters at both a strategic and operational level. The successful candidate will have experience in setting policy and implementing best practice as well as having a creative and innovative approach to recruitment, retention and employee engagement.
Purpose of role:
This role will look after all aspects of HR and Organisational Development to ensure a professional and proactive HR service for staff at all levels. The HR Manager will be key in laying the foundations of a strong HR service, including recruitment, selection and on-boarding, best practice policies and procedures, establishing strong performance frameworks and providing expert support and advice across all areas of HR.
• Provide advice to managers and staff on a variety of HR related issues including all aspects of employee relations, recruitment and staff development
• Conduct regular reviews of the companies policies, procedures and practices on all HR matters including the Employee Handbook and implement improvements in line with relevant legislation and best practice
• Support and, if required, lead organisational change
• Work with line managers to develop robust job descriptions, roles and responsibilities and support managers with the recruitment process
• Support managers with their performance reviews and one-to-ones to ensure they are effective and under performance is well managed. Provide training, coaching and upskilling to managers on HR processes and policies as appropriate to broaden their people leadership capability.
• Deal with grievances and conduct disciplinary proceedings
• Identify and address coaching and training needs of staff, including where appropriate designing and delivering training. Ensure all mandatory core skills, health & safety practices, first aid, GDPR, etc requirements are up to date for appropriate staff
• On boarding and induction of all new recruits, ensuring good orientation to the company culture
• Development of talent and succession planning
• Review and manage time & attendance, software and HR systems.
• Administration of contract documentation, employee records and general HR housekeeping (processing holiday, absence management etc.)
• A seasoned professional with a proven track record of expertise as a HR manager
• Ideally qualified with formal HR qualifications i.e. CIPD or MCIPD
• Fully conversant and up-to-date with all aspects of employment law and HR best practice
• Demonstrated experience in coaching staff members to give them the knowledge to be the best they can be
• The ability to see the bigger picture and offer pragmatic, commercially focused professional HR advice and guidance
• A hands-on and proactive attitude, with a track record of delivering results
• This role requires an innovative character who is keen to enhance and improve policies, procedures and staff well-being
• Demonstrated track record in taking initiative, working independently, building sound relationships and handling multiple priorities simultaneously
• Proven interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills
• Influencing and negotiation skills to implement personnel policies
• Passionate and resilient with the ability to work under pressure and cope effectively with change and growth
• Excellent oral, written communication skills in English
This Job Description is not an exhaustive list of tasks performed, but does represent the major duties and responsibilities encompassed in the job. It does not prevent the post holder from being allocated any other duties of a broadly similar nature to those described. Should these other duties become a permanent and major part of the job, they will be included in a revised job description.
If you are interested in the above role, please email with your CV and a covering letter to Sarah.Gluyas@wccc.co.uk
Closing Date: Thursday 12th March 2020
Worcestershire County Cricket Club is one of the 18 major county cricket clubs which make up the England and Wales Cricket Board. We play to the highest level of professional cricket with a history stretching back 155 years.
We are currently looking to recruit a full time Grounds-person to work as part of a small team with a view to starting as soon as possible.
A key element of the role will be supporting the Head Groundsman and the other members of the Grounds Department in preparing playing surfaces, practice areas and outfields of the highest quality at our iconic Blackfinch New Road ground.
• Assisting with the preparation and maintenance of the playing surfaces and outfield to ensure that they are of first class standard.
• Assisting with the preparation and maintenance of the practice and net areas to ensure that they are of first class standard.
• Assisting and taking direction from the Head Groundsman in placing and removing covering and surface water from the playing area for all matches
• Operating and maintaining ground equipment in accordance with standard operating and safety procedures.
• Assisting with the erection of nets and other practice facilities.
• Taking direction from the Head Groundsman and fulfil any reasonable request or duties required.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Have at least 6 months experience of preparing cricket pitches.
• Be in a possession of a clean EC driving licence.
• Possess an understanding of current Health and Safety guidelines
• Possess a passion for cricket pitches and sports turf maintenance.
• Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude and appearance.
• Understand the seasonality nature of the role and the need for flexibility with regards to working long hours including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
• Ability to work under pressure and to work alone when required.
Beyond qualifications, enthusiasm, commitment and ability to work as a team member are equally important in a demanding environment where excellent results are required.
If you would like to join the ground staff team at Worcestershire County Cricket Club please send your CV along with a covering letter and salary expectation to Tim Packwood, Head Groundsman, Worcestershire County Cricket Club, Blackfinch New Road, Worcester, WR2 4QQ.
Alternatively you can e-mail your CV covering letter and salary expectation to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 18th March 2020. Interviews will commence Friday 20th March 2020.
BAR & WAITING STAFF
The iconic Worcestershire County Cricket Ground is not only a Cricket Ground but an exciting Events and Conferencing facility. We are currently looking for enthusiastic, hard-working bar staff to join our dedicated Catering team on a casual basis.
Job Specification (Bar)
• Organise general day to day running of the bar
• Maintain a high standard of cleanliness
• Ensure all credit drinks and wastage are recorded to the standard as implemented by the Manager
• Ensure prompt reporting of any malfunctioning equipment
• Be aware of bar stock levels and ensure efficient stock rotation
• An awareness of basic food hygiene
Job Specification (Waiting)
• Assisting the Senior Waiting Person to organise the general day to day running of the restaurant
• To ensure all the tables are dressed to the required standards
• To maintain a high level of service in line with the standard required by Worcestershire County Cricket Club.
• Assisting the Senior Waiting Person to ensure that all required commodities for the function are available well in advance of its commencement
• Liaise with all kitchen, bar and waiting staff to ensure smooth organisation between restaurant and kitchens
Good communication skills needed to liaise with all catering staff and members of the public
A positive, polite and happy outlook plus a willingness to perform well are essential.
If you would like to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a short covering letter.