Daryl Mitchell has joined an elite band of Worcestershire players who have scored two centuries in a game on more than one occasion.
The Worcestershire skipper followed his first innings 109 with 140 not out on the third day of the LV = County Championship clash with Glamorgan at the Swalec Stadium.
He becomes only the fourth Worcestershire player to achieve the feat two or more times.
Mitchell previously twice score hundreds in the same game in 2010 with 104 and 134 against Gloucestershire at Cheltenham.
Graeme Hick, the boyhood hero of Mitchell when a young Worcestershire supporter, leads the way with two centuries in the same match on four occasions.
Hick is the only Worcestershire player to score a double century and a hundred in the same game – against Glamorgan at Abergavenny 24 years ago.
One behind Hick is another Worcestershire legend in New Zealand opening batsman Glenn Turner.
Former all-rounder and ex Director Of Cricket Tom Moody did the 'double' on two occasions on successive seasons in the mid 1990s.
Moeen Ali was the last player to achieve the double ton milestone last summer against Lancashire.
The full list of Worcestershire players to score two 100s in the same game is:
- 134 and 101* RE Foster v Hampshire at New Road 1899
- 140 and 172* WL Foster v Hampshire at New Road 1899
- 101* and 128 EG Arnold v Cambridge University at Fenners 1903
- 141 and 106 MK Foster v Hampshire at New Road 1926
- 111* and 100 HH Gibbons v Hampshire at New Road 1939
- 191 and 106* E Cooper v Northants at Kidderminster 1946
- 187 and 108 RGA Headley v Northants at New Road 1971
- 122 and 128* GM Turner v Warwickshire at Edgbaston 1972
- 101 and 131* JA Ormrod v Somerset at New Road 1980
- 161 and 101 GM Turner v Northants at Amblecote 1981
- 147* and 139 GM Turner v Warwickshire at New Road 1981
- 252* and 100 GA Hick v Glamorgan at Abergavenny 1990
- 157 and 106 TM Moody v Notts at Trent Bridge 1995
- 106 and 169 TM Moody v Northants at Kidderminster 1996
- 104 and 132 GA Hick v Sussex at New Road 1998
- 101 and 150 GA Hick v Essex at Chelmsford 1999
- 123 and 117 SD Peters v Kent at New Road 2004
- 104 and 105* GA Hick v Essex at New Road 2006
- 104 and 134 DK Mitchell v Gloucs at Cheltenham 2010
- 104 and 109 MM Ali v Lancashire at New Road 2013
- 109 and 151* DK Mitchell v Glamorgan at Cardiff 2014